Sunday, February 6, 2011

Looking at the mountains....


On the Soccer field


It was a beautiful sunny day in Quito this Saturday when our school hosted a “turkey bowl” or flag football tournament (traditionally it goes on during Thanksgiving –hence the name). Clinton participated with a team of other faculty and staff members of the school and they played against students and other teams formed by missionaries.


Clinton getting his "flags"

Sitting with friends on the field

Most of my day consisted of watching the games, relaxing and catching up with friends. (I also went to get an hour, $25 massage. Yes...jaw dropping...and I've heard there are places I can go that are even cheaper!) The coolest thing about our soccerfield is that if you look out over the field in one direction, you are also staring right at the mountains. It's a breathtaking sight and I always feel in awe when I see it.

I finished my first week of the new semester successfully. With the addition two new classes, my stress level has increased yet again. My goal, however, is to find a routine like I did for the first semester...and I believe this time around I'll be able to fall into that fairly soon. February is here and it already feels like it is moving fast.

I continue to feel at home here as my friendships grow and I feel comfortable where I am. I love knowing that new friendships turn into life long ones –especially when the connection is so strong. I truly feel loved by the few close friends I've made. The greatest thing I long for is to be with my niece. She's turning one in March and I never realized how sad it makes me feel to know that I will be missing her birthday! (10 days before mine and fifteen days before my sister –March girls!) I am thankful for the ability to view pictures and chat on skype. It at least gives me a “live” glance into what I'm missing.

Here's Mikayla with teeth! When we left after Christmas, her teeth were just peeking through! This picture is on my sisters blog (=

I feel like I've missed snow history of the century. I've been amazed at facebook friends all around constantly posting news about being snowed-in....crazy! Ever since we got back from cChristmas break, the weather here has been a bit warmer than before Christmas. While we have rain occassionally, it isn't that frequent anymore. Most days have been in the 70s for most afternoons...it's been beautiful!


That's it for now....

Much love!

I love how this picture's background came out with the clouds and mountains!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know we are thinking and praying for you today!! Thanks for the post about your lives in this season. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! GO Clinton and Christina!!

    Love and Prayers,
    Adrian- for the Groffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you both know we read your post-Christmas letter and we are so excited for your ministry in Ecuador!! You are a fabulous team and we were blessed to read about your current journey. Your picture is on our fridge and we will be praying for you guys:) We will definitely have to get together this summer 2011.

    Blessings & Love,

    Adrian, Emily and Judah

    ReplyDelete