Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thoughts on moving to Ecuador



I've done a lot of prepping this blog and I am finally sitting down to write the first post.

Not too long ago we made the decision to officially move to Ecuador. I feel like I'm still in the surreal moments of this decision. I'm a serious mess of every emotion fathomable. I feel elated, panicked, and overwhelmed. The most amazing part of this decision has been the journey up until now. When I first mentioned the thought of teaching abroad to Clinton, shortly after we were married...he wasn't estatic nor was he opposed. When I mentioned it again this past fall and asked if I could send out our resumes, he pretty much sent out the same sentiments. Every step closer I made to investigating and communicating with people in Ecuador, I went back to Clinton and said “are you sure you want me to keep exploring? Would you really be willing to do this? Just say the word, and I'll stop the search.” My general feeling was that I didn't want to be chasing a dream that was only my own and not one we shared together. I wanted Clinton to be honest and tell me if he really was just humoring me this whole time. Needless to say, he continued to be supportive and pushed me to continue.

Obviously we have made the decision to go...and now, Clinton can't wait. I think he's ready for something new....but I also think this idea has really evolved for him and now it's a shared vision.

I didn't expect a lightning bolt or a divine voice telling me what to do when I prayed for God to help us. And as expected that didn't happen. But I did look for open doors and closed ones, and I'm thankful that God gave us peace and perhaps a minor (at this point) understanding as to how this new change can take a role in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment